GICT Africa Technologies is a leader in online privacy rights. We have created this privacy statement to demonstrate our commitment to you, our customer, through transparent, easy-to-understand information regarding our data practices. You will understand what we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. This policy applies to all GICT Africa Technologies brands, websites, apps, products, services, or technologies (we will collectively refer to these as “Services”). Additional privacy practices for certain Services can be found in Details for Specific Products and Services.
Information Collection: Account Level
At an Account Level, we collect and use information necessary to enable you to purchase and manage Services, provide you with support for those Services, and curate your experience with us. Some information is collected and used based on contractual consent and other is based on informed consent, which may be changed at any time.
• Basic Account Information.
Information Collected. Our site uses forms in which you give us contact information (such as your name, address, phone number, fax number, billing information, IP address, and email address) so you can create an account, place orders, register domains, and request information, and request support help. As you use your account, we may also collect support requests and other related types of information that are specific to the management of your account and Services with us.
Legal Requirement. This type of information is legally and/or contractually required to be able to purchase and use Services. For example, we are required to be able to verify this type of information upon request by our payment processor. It is also required to be able to serve legal notices to you and is mandated by certain Services we offer. In addition, some Services, such as domains, require this information for you to purchase them. If you are purchasing a domain from us, we are required by law to collect and retain this information. We are further required to verify that the information provided is accurate and serve legally required notices regarding your domain(s). Consent for the collection, use, and retention of this information for these purposes is considered to be contractually given for the duration of your use of such Service and any legally required retention period.
• How We Use This Information.
•Sending Emails. Legally Required. As noted above, we use emails to communicate with you, confirm your placed orders, send information that you have requested, and serve legally or contractually required communications. Legally required emails cover ICANN mandated verification emails, renewal notices, and any other policy or procedure created by ICANN which governs the purchase of domains. Additionally, we may be required by law to serve notices to you such as DMCA Takedown Notices, UDRP notices, etc. Or, we may deem a change to one of our policies to be material and, therefore, determine a duty (though not a legal requirement) to inform you of this change. These types of communications do not fall under any of our opt-out procedures.
Sending Emails: Service Communications & Promotional Communications. We also may use this information when it is important for us to contact you regarding functionality changes to Services you have purchased and/or our website and provide customer service (“Service Communications”.) By creating an account with us and/or purchasing our Services, you agree to receive these types of communication and acknowledge that they are not optional. We also use this information to share details about new services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable (“Promotional Communications”.) You can opt out of receiving Promotional Communications (or opt into, depending on your country of residence) through preferences in your account panel or the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email communication.
Legally Required Disclosure. We will never share your information without your permission or in ways other than as outlined in this policy. The only exceptions to this are when we are required by law, in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the law, or when we must comply with a legal process. Examples of these types of exceptions are court orders, subpoenas, and UDRP/URS processes. In each of these situations, we will carefully review the documentation provided and only comply if such documentation meets requisite legal standards.
Changes in Our Practices. If we change our information-handling practices or other privacy aspects, we will post those changes on this privacy statement. If we make any material changes we will notify you using a notice on this Site before the change becomes effective, and we may also try to notify you through email of the privacy changes, if necessary.
• Retention & Deletion of Account Information.
Personal Information Following Termination of Account. When your GICT Africa Technologies account is canceled (either voluntarily or involuntarily) all of your personally identifiable information is placed in “deactivated” status within our corresponding databases. However, you should know that the deactivation of your account does not mean your personally identifiable information has been deleted from our database entirely. We will retain and use your personally identifiable information, if necessary, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, and/or as required by laws or regulations. Thus, it may not be immediately deleted upon request and is an approved exception to GDPR and CCPA deletion rights. By creating an account with us, using our support services and/or purchasing Services, you acknowledge and agree to these terms of retention. Information on how to close your account can be found here.
Information Collection: Site Usage
• Device Information. We collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.), such as IP address, and cookie information, so that we may recognize your devices to provide you with legal notices (if required by your country of residence), support services (when you contact our support staff) and personalized experiences on our site and emails. Certain types of collection and use may be optional and controlled via our cookie tools.
• Information from Others. We are dedicated to continually improving your experience on our website. Like many companies, we use third parties to help us track browsing, identify technical issues and provide ways to enhance your overall experience. Several of the tools that we use and what they do are:
o Log Files: We use information gathered about you from our site statistics via log files provided by third-party tracking partners (for example, your IP address) to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and purchasing experiences more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your internet browser’s “help” file.
o Gifs: Our third-party tracking utility company employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with unique identifiers, similar in function to cookies; they are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Our tracking utility company does not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
• Contests: From time to time we request information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and the user, therefore, has a choice whether or not to respond and disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site and/or any other purpose that we explicitly disclose in the contest rules.
• Testimonials: We post customer testimonials on our website which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer’s consent via email, before posting the testimonial, to post their name along with their testimonial. If you would like to request the removal of your testimonial from the site contact us at [email protected]
• Public Blog: Our website offers a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any information you provide in this area may be read, collected, and used by others who access it. To request the removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information. If this occurs, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
• Third-Party Product Offerings & Websites: Our site also contains links to other third-party websites, especially where we offer their products or services. GICT Africa Technologies (www.gictafrica.com) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
How We Share This Information
• With Your Consent. We will share information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of GICT Africa Technologies when we have your consent. This includes third-party providers who offer products or services through our marketplace. These providers will each have their privacy policies and will be identified in our Details for Specific Products and Services section.
Within GICT Africa Technologies. Information may also be shared within GICT Africa Technologies to provide support and delivery of Services you purchase.
• With Partners. We may share your information with non-affiliated companies that are:
o Advertising, Analytics and Business Partners (Limited to Non-Personally Identifiable Information). We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (including demographic information) with partners, such as measurement analytics, apps, or other companies. We do not, however, share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information such as name or email address.) When you use third-party apps, websites, or other products integrated with our Services, they may collect information about your activities subject to their terms and privacy policies.
o For Legal and Other Purposes. We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent, or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of our Universal Terms of Service; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of GICT Africa Technologies, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims, or (viii) as otherwise required by law. This may include responding to lawful governmental requests. Learn more about how we evaluate and respond to these requests here.
• New Ownership. If the ownership or control of all or part of GICT Africa Technologies or a specific Service changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Details for Specific Products and Services
Additional privacy practices for certain GICT Africa Technologies Services are included here.
Residents of GDPR Governed Countries
If you are a resident of a GDPR governed country, more information regarding your GDPR rights may be found here.
Under Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), GICT Africa Technologies has appointed European Data Protection Officer (DPO) as its GDPR representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters about the GDPR by:
• using EDPO’s online request form: https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/
• writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – UK Representative
Under Article 27 of the UK GDPR, GICT Africa Technologies has appointed EDPO UK Ltd as its UK GDPR representative in the UK. You can contact EDPO UK regarding matters about the UK GDPR by:
• using EDPO UK’s online request form: https://edpo.com/uk-gdpr-data-request/
• writing to EDPO UK at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BY, United Kingdom
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the CCPA Privacy Notice.
Your Brazilian Privacy Rights
If you are located in Brazil, you may learn more about your Brazilian privacy rights here.
Nevada State Privacy Law
Under Nevada law, you may direct a business that operates an internet website not to sell certain Personal Information a business has collected or will collect about you. GICT Africa Technologies does not sell your Personal Information under Nevada law. For more information about how we handle and share your Personal Information, or your rights under Nevada law, contact us at [email protected]
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We use 128-bit SSL security to encrypt any transmissions when you provide credit card information, personal data, etc. No method of electronic storage or transmission over the internet is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Services are for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under age 18 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law.
Data Processing and Transfers
Compliance with legal, regulatory, and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal processes (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we may take reasonable steps to notify you if we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of the legal process. We will also share your information to the extent necessary to comply with any ICANN, registry, or ccTLD rules, regulations, and policies when you register a domain name with us. For reasons critical to maintaining the security, stability, and resiliency of the Internet, this includes the transfer of domain name registration information to the underlying domain registry operator and escrow provider, and publication of that information as required by ICANN or with other third parties that demonstrate a legitimate legal interest to such information.
Other Important Information
Questions & Suggestions
For privacy and GDPR-related matters, you can contact our Data Protection Officer and our Data Protection Officer via email at [email protected]
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at GICT Africa Technologies Support or Nakawa Business Park Kampala Uganda